Frequently Asked Questions
When and where is the next course/championship/meeting?
- Please visit our Events section
What is the youngest age for children to start Karate?
- Our Insurance covers Children from 3yrs old & above.
- Please contact our instructor or Club secretary, to discuss if your children are under 5yrs old.
What is the difference between styles?
- All styles of Karate practice blocking, striking and kicking, but with different emphasis on range, speed and direction of techniques
I have had a break in training - do I need to re-grade?
- No, we don't take away grades - but ask your instructor to help you return to fitness, ability and standard in a sensible and safe way
What insurance cover is provided by my licence?
- The licence provides member to member, public liability and Professional liability cover. A copy of the insurance synopsis is held by all clubs.
How do I obtain/renew my licence?
- Ask our club Instructor or Secretary
- Our classes are on Tuesday / Thursday & Friday, see below for the class timetable:-
- 8pm to 9:30pm Open to all Students
- 7:30pm to 9pm - Open to all Students
- 7pm to 8pm - Open to all Students
Where are the classes held?
- Bannatyne's Health Club in Dunfermline
Is membership of Bannatyne's required to Join your Karate Club?